Open Orthodoxy

Where Open Orthodoxy Ends: Your final destination for open review of fringe Orthodox Judaism. If you have comments, send them to OpenOrthodoxy@hotmail.com

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Everything is revealed…in time

A couple of months ago, there was an anonymous blogger that viciously attacked Yiddishkeit, this blog, and me personally. That blog is now gone.

I know with 100% certainty the identity of that blogger. I possess incontrovertible evidence that associates that blogger’s real name and numeric, unchangeable system-assigned ID to multiple Blogger.com blogs, which are now defunct.

To verify (to those in the know) that I know the identity of the anonymous blogger, I will say that the blogger’s first name is one of the two son’s of Rochel. That blogger was also married within the past 12 months. (Nice wedding photos on OnlySimchas.com.) A wife usually wishes her husband to avoid controversy that may affect them negatively.

Within the forum of a public blog, I will not state the name of this individual. That may be damaging in a way that I don’t intend.

The reason I wrote this post is because the blogger is a rabbinical student at Yeshivat Chovevei Torah - one of the main topics this blog discusses. The "anonymous" blog was an affront to Orthodox Judaism and an embarrassment to YCT. If a person is concerned about being a Ben Torah, maintaining a credible and admirable image, and influencing others, then his viewpoints should be presented respectfully and rationally. I wonder if this student represents the kind of midos that YCT teaches.

Caveat emptor to anonymous bloggers: even if you take extreme precautions to remain anonymous, your identity may be revealed through unconventional methods - for example, stylometry, or maybe a former roommate.

It would be interesting if that blogger emailed me with his phone number. I would love to call him and talk with him. I wonder if he has the guts to contact me. I think we would have a pleasant and productive conversation.